The Telegraph : reported that 'It's the Premier League title or nothing for me, top four is not acceptable'

It may be four years and counting since Manchester United last laid hands on the Premier League trophy, but for the club's new captain, the notion that anything less than first place is acceptable offends his sense of thinking. "As I said, it's pretty much win the league or nothing for me. Michael Carrick shakes his head, unable to identify with those players and clubs who equate a top-four finish with winning silverware. "In some ways, it's winning the league or nothing. I can't get my head around that – to say top four is acceptable.



It's Premier League title or nothing for United's Carrick

Manchester United cannot be content with a top-four finish and must target the Premier League title next season, captain Michael Carrick has said. "In some ways, it's winning the league or nothing…I can't get my head around that – to say top four is acceptable. "It's all about winning things," Carrick told British media on Thursday. The 35-year-old won three league titles in his first three seasons at United and collected two more before long-serving manager Alex Ferguson retired in 2013. "I think it has done over the years, we can all see that, there are big players who come here and, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked for them," Carrick added.


This content may collect you by Max Nolan
To stay up to date with the latest news about premier league

0/Post a Comment/Comments